WELCOME to Palawan State University Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) Webpage!
In response to the call of time, Palawan State University opened another avenue of learning for non-degree holders but currently working in the different offices and industries who may want to finish their degrees without moving out of their work area.
During the 365th meeting of the Board of the Commission on Higher Education held last December 13, 2010, in Manila through CEB Resolution No. 328-2010, the commission approved the University’s application for the deputation to offer Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering effective January 2011 until January 2016 via Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP).
Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program (ETEEAP) is a comprehensive educational assessment program which recognizes knowledge, skills, attitudes and values obtained by individuals from formal, non-formal and informal education and training and related work experiences.
Download our Application Form here
Our Course Curriculum:
To realize the vision-mission statement of the University, the PSU-ETEEAP endeavors to:
- create opportunity for the individuals to acquire graduate and undergraduate degrees or upgrade individual competencies while performing their duties and responsibilities
- provide an excellent venue for lifelong learning to support our knowledge-based economy and to sustainably develop local communities;
- support the continuing professional education thrust of the university through this alternative learning system;
- establish a framework for a seamless education for all through open and distance learning applying blended other appropriate service and learning applying delivery modes and develop local communities sustainably.
To operationalize the goals of the PSU-ETEEAP, it aims to:
- conduct program advocacy at the grassroot level;
- design a program that is responsive to the need of the applicant/ candidate and/or industry;
- provide personalized service and conductive environment for learning and assessment;
- acquire and improve facilities, equipment and materials needed for assessment;
- establish linkages with local, regional, national and international organizations and industries that support non- formal, informal and indigenous learning systems.
- coordinate and create a pool of experts within and outside the university, industry and other accrediting agencies for a unified system of equivalency and accreditation.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in;
- Human Resource Development Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering
Qualifications of Applicants
- High school graduate or has obtained PEPT (Philippine Educational Placement Test) placement equivalent to first year college;
- Must have been employeed for an aggregate period of at least five (5) years in the field or industry related to the academic program or discipline he/she is applying for equivalency and accreditation;
- He/she must be at least 25 years old; and
- Able to show evidence of capability and thorough knowledge in the field applied for equivalency and accreditation.
Documents Required for Application
- Accomplished ETEEAP application form;
- Birth certificate (NSO authenticated);
- Most recent academic record or Service record;
- Certificates of training and workshops attended;
- Certificates of individual proficiency in the discipline or field of interest; and
- Other documents or evidence of capability and knowledge in the field applied for equivalency and accreditation.
- Facilitated CHED ETEEAP Technical Panel’s Visit to the University last July, 2010.
- Processed additional documents required by CHED.
- The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) awarded the Certificate of Authorization to Palawan State University to provide assessment, equivalency, competency-based enrichment and accreditation for pertinent work- based knowledge, skills, attitude and values, and for learning acquired by individuals through formal, non- formal or informal means, and to confer appropriate academic degree in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering on February 21,2011.
- Dr. Grace N. Abrina, Dr. Carmen M. Fernandez, Mr. Adel T. Abia and Mr. Richard Vargas, conducted Career Orientation at Philippine National Police Maritime Group, Special Boat Unit, Honda Bay, Bgy. Sta. Lourdes, Puerto Princesa City on April 18, 2011.
- Two (2) ETEEAP students graduated during the 38th Commencement Exercises on April 15, 2011. Feliberto S. Oliveros III, graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Economics while Antonio S. Santos graduated with the degree of Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Marketing.
- Conducted Career Orientation at the Municipality of Araceli, Palawan on May 16, 2011. Twenty six employees of the municipality participated in the Career Orientation.
- Submit proposed Handbook for ETEEAP.
- Training-Seminar for ETEEAP Assessors.
- Continuous marketing campaign for the program.
Dr. Ramon M. Docto
Ground floor, Midwifery Bldg
PSU Main Campus
Tiniguiban, Puerto Princesa City 5300
Cell No. (+63)9175699580
Dr. Teresita Castillo
Cell No. (+63)9156002002